Establishes mineral balance in purified (RO/DI) and soft water for all shrimp & freshwater aquaria.
- Establishes an optimal mineral balance in water.
- Provides beneficials ratio of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium for overall health and osmoregulation of inhabitants.
- May be used to establish water parameters conducive to the husbandry of freshwater fishes, plants, and invertebrates in aquaria filled with purified water.
- Replenishes depleted elemental concentrations in aquaria that rarely receive a water change and re-establishes beneficial mineral concentrations in aquaria following large water changes.
- Formulated for river water from several tropical forested regions.
- Made in the USA.
NeoTiger KH+/GH+ Instructions
Establishes mineral balance in purified (RO/DI) and soft water for all shrimp & freshwater aquaria
- Establishes an optimal mineral balance in water that has been purified (e.g. reverse osmosis, deionization, etc.) or is exceedingly-soft (e.g. well water in forested regions) for all freshwater shrimp aquaria, as well as for freshwater biotope aquaria housing fishes indigenous to forested and/or riverine habitats.
- Provides a beneficial ratio of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium, elements which are vital to the overall health and osmoregulation of fishes, invertebrates, and many aquatic plants.
- May be used to establish water parameters conducive to the husbandry of freshwater fishes, plants, and invertebrates in aquaria filled with purified water, to replenish depleted elemental concentrations in aquaria that rarely receive a water change, and to re-establish beneficial mineral concentrations in aquaria following large water changes.
- Formulated utilizing extensive data on the ionic composition of river water from several tropical forested regions of great significance to aquarium husbandry.
Shrimp, other invertebrates, and aquatic plants require that specific elements be present in the water to aid with osmotic balance and ensure proper biochemical function, contributing to overall long-term health and survival. NeoTiger KH+/GH+ fulfills this requirement with a formulation based on data compiled from up-to-date aquatic research.
Calcium is required for blood clotting, bone formation, and several metabolic processes in fish, and is required for cell wall stability/permeability and enzymatic processes in plants.
Potassium and Sodium are of extreme importance to aquatic animals, as they are required for proper neurological and muscular functioning. Potassium is also required for protein synthesis, water and charge balance, and enzyme activation in plants.
Magnesium is a component of chlorophyll and is utilized in enzyme activation.
Sulfur is a component of proteins and the coenzymes that are involved with nutrient utilization and growth.
Silicon, as silica, is an important component of plant cells, helping increase their strength and improving root growth, and acts as a buffer against pH shift.
Note that TDS and GH are not measuring the same ionic concentrations, and therefore they do not necessarily have a direct conversion; GH is related to the sum of divalent cations (predominantly calcium and magnesium) in solution, whereas TDS (total dissolved solids) measures the concentration of conductive substances in solution. This information is provided for reference purposes only. In general, aquatic habitats located in forested regions have a relatively-low concentration of dissolved inorganic substances, hence the general hardness and TDS are also low. NeoTiger KH+/GH+ is formulated to adjust water chemistry in aquaria housing fishes and plants indigenous to nearly every aquatic habitat, however it is recommended that Rift Lake Chemie be used to remineralize purified water meant for use in aquaria housing fishes from the East African Rift Lakes, as it has been formulated specifically for that purpose.
Instructions and Guidelines
Consult a reference book listing the water chemistry requirements of the shrimp, fishes and/or plants being maintained to determine the optimal range of GH and/or TDS. Remember to adjust pH and temperature of the water prior to adding it into an aquarium housing live organisms.
Determine GH and/or TDS in the aquarium prior to treating purified water with NeoTiger KH+/GH+, then follow directions below accordingly. Shake bottle well before each use. This product is designed for Neo Caridina and Tiger Shrimp, primarily.
To increase GH/TDS in a pre-established aquarium: Dose up to 4 ml (2 pumps if equipped with a pump) NeoTiger KH+/GH+ per 10 US-gallons per hour until desired GH/TDS value is attained. Changes to water chemistry, regardless of the parameter being adjusted, should always be done gradually rather than rapidly.
When preparing water for a water change: For every 20 US-gallons of reverse osmosis or deionized water to be changed, add 2 ml (~1 pump) NeoTiger KH+/GH+ to purified water or tap water and mix thoroughly to raise the GH by 1 degree and the KH by .57 degrees.
When preparing water for a new aquarium set up: Always adjust the water chemistry prior to adding live organisms to the aquarium. If setting up a planted aquarium and placing the plants into the substrate prior to completely filling the aquarium, adjust the GH, KH, pH, and temperature of the water in a separate vessel (e.g. in a large, clean pail or vat) before adding it to the aquarium. Do not add a large volume of purified water to the aquarium and then attempt to adjust the water chemistry afterwards, as this will be stressful to the inhabitants. Use the Advanced Instructions to calculate the amount of NeoTiger KH+/GH+ that will be required to bring about the desired change in GH/TDS to the volume of water to be used.
Advanced Instructions: Each ml of NeoTiger KH+/GH+ will increase the GH and KH in 10 liters or 2.5 US-gallons of water by 1 dGH and .57 dKH. Each pump is 2 ml. To obtain as specific GH, divide the desired change in GH by 2.5 then multiply this number by the net volume of water (in gallons) in the aquarium. Example: if the GH in 20 US-gallons is to be increased by 2 dGH, then add 16 ml NeoTiger KH+/GH+ (2 ÷ 2.5 = 0.8 ml per gallon; 0.8 ml per gallon x 20 gallons = 16 ml).
Shrimp need iodine to molt and for overall health. Brightwell recommends that all aquariums housing freshwater shrimp use Florin-I.
Caution: May cause eye or skin irritation. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. If on skin, wash thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.