Filtration media for complete denitrification in ponds and water gardens
Overview• Designed to be used in ponds or water gardens with a pH of 7.5 or over
1 kg of matured media can reduce over 30 ppm nitrate in 500 US-gallons (1,893 L) each day.
• May be employed to rapidly decrease nitrate in even the most heavily-stocked koi ponds and water gardens.
• Outperforms conventional denitrification media by over 300% per g employed.
• Open structure and high surface area results in superior flow-through characteristics and filtration efficiency.
• Higher efficiency relative to conventional media results in smaller space requirements to achieve equivalent denitrification.
• Safe for use in all koi ponds and water gardens.
• May be used in conjunction with FlorinXportBIO and FlorinXportPO4 to achieve complete ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate uptake.
• 100% researched, engineered, and produced in the USA. Patent pending.
Instructions and Guidelines
Place FlorinXportNO3 into a clean pail and fill with water from the pond, then add 50-ml of FlorinBac-W (poured into the pail and dispersed by hand), and allow media to remain in this “bath” for 24-hours at ambient temperature (above 50F). Remove FlorinXportNO3 media from pail and pour water back into the pond, then place media into canister filter or media receptacle and pump pond water through at the rate of up to 500 gph per kg media employed. Do not fluidize the media or place it in a location where a hard stream of water drops onto it (e.g. gravity-fed filtration from a water feature), either of which will cause the media to grind into dust. As long as media remains free of organic build-up, it will perform optimally. Denitrification will typically begin within one week of placement into the system; rate of denitrification increases with time. If using with FlorinXportBIO, then ensure that pond water flows through FlorinXportBIO first. To rinse, remove FlorinXportNO3 from filter and place into a pail of pond water, gently stir to free the solids from the media (do not wash it with a stream of water from a hose), discard the water and waste, and place media back into use. The use of a sponge or fiber pre-filter to prevent solid waste from clogging pores will improve filtration efficiency and performance, and minimize the need for rinsing the media once it has been put into use. Do not expose the media to biocides, medications, bleach or other oxidizers, which will kill the microbial population off and cause a short-term nitrate spike in the pond. If the pond must be medicated or treated with an algaecide, simply remove media from the system, drain water, place the media into a pail covered with a wet towel, and keep it at ambient temperature; it will remain wet, and minimal impact will occur to the beneficial microbes, for up to 72 hours. Once medication has been filtered from the system, place media back into operation. Apply FlorinBac-W or FlorinBac-S (depending upon season) as directed to fortify and maintain microbial balance in the system, particularly after medication occurs.